Charles Allen's Will
In the name of god Above, I Charles Allen of the town of Hebron, County of Washington, State of New York being of sound mind and memory blessed be the Almighty God for the blessing, I do make and establish this, my last Will and Testament in the manner following that is to say:
1. First I give and devise and bequeath unto my beloved wife Mary Allen my House and Lot of land on which I now occupy and have on at this date which I purchased of Mary Bradford and further I give my wife Mary all my household furniture except my desk, and further I give unto my wife Mary Allen the sum of thirty Dollars to purchase a cow, and further I give bequeath unto my wife Mary the sum of three hundred Dollars to be paid to her fifty Dollars a year each and every year from my death till paid, and I give and bequeath unto my wife Mary Allen fire wood to be got from my farm for the support of one fire while she remains my widow - And I allow my son Elezer (sic: Eleazer) Allen to provide for my wife in lieu of any cost bequest six cords of good wood each and every year during my wife's Mary's natural life as long as she remains my widow, the above legacies to my wife is to be in lieu of dower.
2. Second I give devise and bequeath unto my son Elezer (sic: Eleazer) Allen my farm of land on which he now lives and occupies at this date by his forgoing to my wife Mary Allen the sum of three hundred and thirty Dollars according to my will. I further give and bequeath to my son Elezer (sic: Eleazer) Allen all my farming tools of whatever kind they may be at my death
3. Third. I give unto my daughter Cornelia Donaldson five Dollars to be paid to any Executor.
4. Fourth. I give unto John B. Donaldson my desk.
5. Fifth. I give and bequeath unto my two sons Robert Allen and William Allen all my personal property consisting of money, bonds, bill note actions Judgments to after any Executor paying all my just debts and funeral charges and providing a suitable tombstone for myself and paying all just demands whatever kind they may be.
6. Sixth and Lastly I do hereby affidavit Elezer (sic: Eleazer) Allen to be my Executor of this my Last Will and Testament in witness whereof hereby revoking all other wills by my made in witness whereof I have unto set my hand and seal this twenty ninth day of June in the year of Our God one thousand eight hundred and fifty two.
/s/ Charles Allen
This above instrument of one sheet of paper was now here subscribed by Charles Allen the Last Will and Testament in the presence of each of us and was at the time declared by him to be his Last Will and Testament and is at his request signed our names hereto as attesting witnesses.
Residing in the town of
Residing in the town of